If I’ve loved weddings since childhood, and been heavily influenced by Bollywood, then it goes without saying that 90s music has also been a big part of my life. It’s like, 1 + 1 = 2.
And as we have discussed before, I have an extensive and amazing 90s playlist. Let’s be honest – whether its a guilty pleasure or not, everyone loves reminiscing about the good old days.
So this one, is dedicated to all my fellow millenials, and anyone else who loves the era as much as I do. Here we go in no particular order,
1. Yeh Kaali Kaali Aankhen, Baazigar, 1993 : The one where you can rap like Anu Malik
2. Ruk Jaa O Dil Deewane, DDLJ, 1995: The one where your bride plays hard to get
3. Koi Na Koi Chahiye, Deewana, 1992 : The one about your bachelor days
4. Main Koi Aisa Geet Gaaon, Yes Boss, 1997: The one if you’re a die-hard romantic
5. Tan Tana Tan Tan Tan Tara, Judwaa, 1997 : The one about the first time you asked her out
6. Saajanji Ghar Aaye, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, 1998 : The one for the prodigal groom
7. O O Jaane Jaana, Pyar Kiya Toh Darna Kya, 1998 : The one where you get to take your shirt off
8. Sona Sona Dil Mera Sona, Major Saab, 1998: The one if your bride is Punjabi
9. Chal Pyar Karegi, Jab Pyaar Kisise Hota Hai, 1998: The one that’s a Sangeet classic
(PS: Twinkle Khanna’s choker in this is song is just gorg)
10. Chumma Chumma De De, Hum, 1991 : The one where you ask for what you want
Of course, this list is not exhaustive, but I think they cover a great range of songs that all you grooms out there could seriously consider dancing to on your Sangeet.
So which one is your pick? What other songs would you add to the list? Tell me in the comments below!
(All my lovely brides, don’t feel left out just yet – there is something super special coming up just for you!)
Love you too ♥