I know, I know, last week was all about the men and letting them have their Salman/Shah Rukh/Aamir moments. But worry not ladies, the spotlight is back where it belongs – right on you!
And because just a playlist isn’t enough, I’ve also put together an entire moodboard dedicated to helping you look like Madhuri Dixit and Sridevi. Let’s face it, that’s the only reason we ever dreamt of getting married when we were little girls…
We’re really lucky too, because we, unlike many of those before us, actually have a chance of making our dreams come true without looking like outdated princesses. That, my friends, is because the 90s are SO in vogue that the only thing separating us from them, is access to better hair products and a hair iron.
Seriously though, it doesn’t hurt to take some tips from the time gone by, so here’s presenting the only guide you’ll ever need.
1. A colour blocked lehenga, preferably in jewel tones and primary colours
2. Jadau kundan chokers with an option of adding layers with more necklaces
3. Bangles and a bindi are a MUST
4. Gajra in the hair, ideally around a long braid
5. Lots of gold and bling in the decor, to complement your loud 90s vibe
And now, on to the music.
1. Chudiyan Khanak Gayi (Morni Baga Ma Bole), Lamhe, 1991 : The one if you’re getting married in Rajasthan
2. Kehna Hi Kya, Bombay, 1995 : The one if you’re a shy, coy bride
3. Thodasa Pagla, Aur Pyar Ho Gaya, 1997: The one about your search for the right one
4. Mere Khwabon Mein Jo Aaye, DDLJ, 1995: The one if you were impatiently waiting for him
5. Piya Piya O Piya Piya, Har Dil Jo Pyaar Karega, 2000: The one that’s an all-time favourite
(Yes, I know this isn’t exactly from the 90s, but it would be an actual crime to leave this out from the ultimate sangeet playlist. A litttttle cheating is allowed ok?)
6. Dil Deewana Bin Sajna Ke, Maine Pyar Kiya, 1989: The one for the romantic bride
9. Chunnari Chunnari, Biwi No. 1, 1999 : The one where Sush has a great sense of style
So now that you know how to recreate the dreams of the little girl who has been waiting for this day since FOREVER, what exactly are you waiting for? Go, go, go!
If you want me to put together a playlist for the couple to dance on, then leave your requests in the comments below, and I’ll get right to it! Do also let me know which songs made the cut, and what else you would add to this playlist.
Love you too ♥